Builders can now operate until 9pm Monday to Saturday in residential areas as part of the Government’s plans to restart the economy.
A north-east construction boss is calling for the UK and Scottish Governments to provide united guidance on the easing of lockdown restrictions for building sites.
Britain’s construction sector saw a drop in activity of “historic proportions” last month as the coronavirus pandemic forced widespread closures of sites and building suppliers, according to a report.
Demonstrators have blocked access to building sites for the HS2 high-speed railway in London and Warwickshire, in protest at construction work continuing amid the coronavirus crisis.
Another of Britain’s biggest housebuilders has announced plans to reopen its building sites in May, after a pause to limit the spread of coronavirus.
Professional bodies involved in the construction industry have written to the Scottish Government urging a gradual reopening of non-essential building sites as soon as possible.
The Scottish Government has set out what it considers to be “essential” construction work which is allowed to continue during the coronavirus lockdown.
The UK construction sector has suffered its largest job cuts since 2010 as economists warned that the industry is “stuck in quicksand and sinking further”.
The Scottish Government is to remind a construction company “of their responsibilities” after the Unite union raised concerns it was pressing ahead with a major development despite the coronavirus pandemic.
Construction workers told to continue going on-site say they are being forced to choose between putting their families at risk of coronavirus or having no income.
The Government has been urged to take the “difficult decision” and ban non-essential construction work.
The Government has defended allowing construction work to continue despite the lockdown measures.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan has said he told Prime Minister Boris Johnson “forcibly” that construction workers should not be going into work.
Construction workers say they feel “angry and unprotected” turning up to building sites following the announcement of stricter coronavirus measures.
New orders in the UK construction sector have soared to levels not seen in more than four years, latest data shows.
An initiative to help the north-east construction industry prepare for the future is being launched next year.
A north-east school pupil has been welcomed onto the site of a new community campus to carry out work experience.
North-east pupils are being given the chance to shine in a construction competition.
Work on a new £30 million council housing development in Aberdeen has got under way.
Firms have been warned to be on their guard after thieves struck five times in the space of a few days in Aberdeen.
Motorists are being urged to be aware of traffic measures which have been put in place to allow further work to be carried out in a new Aberdeen community.
Plans have been lodged to add an extension to a north-east church.
Two construction organisations have teamed up to promote the industry to north-east school pupils.
A developer has unveiled plans to build three houses near a north-east hotel.
A plan to build 122 affordable homes in a north-east town has been approved.
A total of 300 new homes with hydrogen-powered heating could be built in the city.
A multi-million pound fund to deliver new homes across the north-east has yet to be spent, despite first being announced three years ago.
Researchers in the north-east are conducting a study which could bring down costs for homebuyers.
Police are reminding north-east businesses to check security measures following the theft of more than £20,000 of industrial materials.
Two north-east building companies have collapsed after being hit by "market conditions and contract delays".