Michael Barrymore has told fans he is “on the mend” after suffering a wrist injury that forced him to pull out of Dancing On Ice.
The veteran entertainer, 67, was due to be a contestant on the ITV show but had to quit after breaking his wrist in a fall.
Barrymore, who said he was “absolutely devastated” at the time, has now shared an update about his condition.
Posting pictures on Instagram of his arm in a cast, he wrote: “On the mend… Cast reinforced today and to be removed in just 2 weeks time.
“Thank you to all the wonderful staff at the NHS; this whole process couldn’t have been easier.
“Happy New Year x MB.”
Barrymore added the hashtags “#dancingonice #xray #brokenbonessuck #nhs #nhsengland #happynewyear #2020 #newyear #newyearseve #newyearseveoutfit.”
Earlier this month, the star appeared at the end of Dancing On Ice’s festive launch programme to say how upset he was that he could not take part.
He said: “I’m absolutely devastated but I wish all the best to the other competitors and I’ll be here on January 5 with them, cheering them on and supporting them.”
Barrymore has been replaced by former Blue Peter presenter Radzi Chinyanganya in the ice-skating competition.
Dancing On Ice returns on January 5.