Former cricket star Graeme Swann has signed up for this year’s series of Strictly Come Dancing.
Here are 10 things you need to know about him ahead of his dancefloor debut.
– Swann made his Test debut in 2008 and had a huge impact as a spin bowler.
– During his career her had various rituals before games. “Sportsmen have weird habits, but I am probably the most superstitious of the lot,” he once told The Telegraph.
– He retired from international cricket in 2013 during the Ashes tour, saying in The Sun on Sunday that he looked in the mirror and knew it was the right time.
– Swann retired as England’s sixth leading Test wicket-taker of all time, with 17 five-wicket hauls to his name.
– He was troubled by an elbow injury later in his career, which contributed to his decision to retire.
– Swann has stage experience as he has performed in the rock band Dr Comfort And The Lurid Revelations, who play covers at local gigs.
– The former cricketer got married in 2010 and has three children.
– Swann will not be the first cricketer on Strictly, he follows in the footsteps of others such as Mark Ramprakash, Darren Gough and Phil Tufnell.
– The 39-year-old has turned his hand to commentating since leaving the pitch.
– Swann has shown off his moves before, as he one of the cricketers who showed off the Sprinkler dance in 2010. The strange routine sees players imitating lawn sprinklers, and was performed as a celebration during the Ashes.