Bring on Rangers says Fraserburgh’s Campbell after scoring four goals off bench

Fraserburgh's Paul Campbell gets a shot off.

Fraserburgh striker Paul Campbell is dreaming of scoring the goal that slays Rangers in the Scottish Cup – after netting four off the bench against Fort William on Saturday.

His four strikes helped the Broch to a 7-0 win over a beleaguered Fort at Bellslea.

The win in their 2500th Highland League game moves Mark Cowie’s side up to second in the table six points behind leaders Cove Rangers.

After his display against the Lochaber side, Campbell said it would be a dream to score the winning goal against the Gers.

He said: “I think that is the first time that has ever happened to me (scoring four as a sub). It was a bit strange the game, every ball that came in the box seemed to land at my feet.

“I’ve never actually scored a hat-trick at Bellslea before so I was over the moon when I got the third.

“The whole town is absolutely buzzing ahead of the Rangers game, everything that’s been happening behind the scenes has been mad.

“This game is a great incentive for the players, a lot of the boys are Rangers fans including myself, and it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity and we can’t wait for it.

“That would be the dream to score the winner against them.”

Fraserburgh assistant manager James Duthie added: “They had a good shape and we did struggle at times. I thought it was a matter of time until we got the second goal where we could have gone on and scored a few more. That was how it panned out.

“Paul got a break because we needed to give Gary Harris some game time because he is back from injury. That is the perfect response to come on and do that.”

The Broch were ahead after only five minutes when Paul Young’s corner from the left was flicked on by Bryan Hay and bundled home at the back post by Jamie BEAGRIE.

It remained 1-0 at the break but Gary HARRIS made it 2-0 on 51 minutes when he tapped home Cameron Buchan’s cutback after a brilliant defence-splitting pass from Hay.

It was three before the hour with BEAGRIE heading home a Willie West cross. Campbell hit a post and Buchan struck the bar before Campbell netted the fourth from 12 yards.

In the last 10 minutes, CAMPBELL finished from Marc Dickson’s cross for his brace and then almost straight from kick-off headed home Aidan Combe’s centre for his hat-trick before completing the scoring in stoppage time.