Boss Derek McInnes today confirmed he aims to secure more Dons first-team stars on extended deals.
The recently-closed summer transfer window was the busiest of McInnes’ time at Pittodrie.
He aims to avoid another hectic window by securing more players on longer contracts to ensure long-term continuity at Pittodrie.
Centre-back Mark Reynolds recently penned a one-year contract extension tying him to the Reds until summer 2020.
During the pre-season keeper Joe Lewis and right-back Shaleum Logan also both committed until 2020 by agreeing longer stays.
This year skipper Graeme Shinnie and Andy Considine signed new deals until 2019.
McInnes isn’t finished yet and wants more to commit as he plans for long-term success.
Midfielder Kenny McLean and defender Anthony O’Connor both have deals up at the end of the season.
They will be free to talk to any interested clubs from January 1.
McInnes said: “Getting more players on new deals is an on-going thing as you never really stop with that. “Some players are more pressing than others but we are all aware of the benefits of keeping a familiarity. “We have seen that with our own club in the last few years.
“This summer was probably the biggest turnover we have had to make in terms of players.
“That wasn’t through choice, it was just how we had to act because ideally you don’t want to make too many changes.
“While change is good sometimes, having that constant familiarity and consistency is good for the team.”
Last summer, McInnes secured prolific striker Adam Rooney on an extended contract until summer 2020.
Aberdeen swooped for striker Stevie May on a four-year deal until 2021 in a £400,000 switch from Preston North End this summer.
McInnes is keen to secure the future of Scotland international midfielder McLean.
The Dons rejected a bid of £300,000 by Rangers for the 25-year-old during the summer transfer window.
Former Republic of Ireland Under-21 cap O’Connor has cemented a first-team starting slot this season.
Both McLean and O’Connor started in the 0-0 draw with Hearts – a position they have held in all domestic games. The stalemate at Murrayfield marked the debut of versatile defender, central midfielder Dominic Ball.
The 22-year-old signed a season-long loan deal from Rotherham just minutes before the transfer window closed on deadline day.
Ball was pitched in from the start against the Jambos. The stopper had only played two first team matches since February last year – both cup games for Rotherham earlier this season.
McInnes accepts Ball, his eighth capture of the summer, will be short of full-match sharpness.
He said: “Dominic did fine (against Hearts).
“As is the way sometimes you make these signings because they have not been playing elsewhere.
“So Dominic is clearly behind others. But we felt we needed the defensive edge of his game and his size against Hearts.
“He can be pleased with his performance.”
During the summer transfer window, McInnes captured a number of additions who had not been playing regularly at their previous club.
“We have a few players who have not played a lot of football over the past season,” he said.
“We are still mindful we are getting boys up to speed, as Dominic got cramp towards the end as he has not had a lot of football.
“We need to try to make sure we are getting those performances from players and still picking up points as we go along. There is no better time to do it than by getting back to winning ways with the home game on Saturday.”