Aberdeen FC boss Derek McInnes today confirmed Peter Pawlett is set to leave Pittodrie in the summer for MK Dons.
The 26-year-old’s deal with the Aberdeen expires in the summer and he is set to sign a pre-contract with the League One outfit.
Pawlett was offered a new deal by Aberdeen but is ready to reject that to try his luck South of the border.
McInnes said: “It’s been indicated that Peter will probably sign a pre-contract with MK Dons, something we’ve aware of for the last couple of weeks.
“We made Peter a good offer but he’s indicated that going to England is something he’s always wanted to do.”
Pawlett confirmed to the Evening Express earlier this week that he was keen to get his future sorted – one way or another.
He admitted that could be away from Pittodrie as he is keen to retain regular first team football.
Although he started in Sunday’s 1-0 Scottish Cup win against Partick Thistle it was only his seventh start of the season.
McInnes insisted Pawlett, who has spent more than a decade with the Dons, still has an important role to play for the rest of the season.
He said: “Whatever happens, Peter has a role to play between now and the end of the season to help us achieve our objectives and if he does decide to go, we’ll wish him well with that”