Window cleaner rescues woman from massive house fire

A woman has been rescued from a burning building by a window cleaner.

Two people were taken to hospital after a fire ripped through a house in the Melfort Place area of Dundee at around 10.30am.

An eyewitness told the Evening Telegraph how a window cleaner had helped a woman to safety.

He said: “The girl was at an upstairs window.

“A window cleaner who had been cleaning windows in the street used his ladder and coaxed her out.

According to the Evening Telegraph 18 firefighters spent three hours tackling the massive blaze, believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Two people were taken to Ninewells Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Breaking

    Cancel