A farmer has spoken of his devastation after a huge fire destroyed part of his storage business.
Norman Fiddes, who owns Birkhill Storage and Distribution Ltd, said almost £40,000 of vehicles have been lost in the blaze, which happened at around 10.30am yesterday.
A farm worker was taken to hospital with minor burns as a result of the fire, which is believed to have started due to an electrical fault.
Norman said he was alerted to the fire when a neighbour called to ask if he was burning anything because there was smoke coming out of one of his four storage sheds.
He said: “I was about a quarter of a mile away and when I got there I saw flames coming out of the building. The shed has been totally destroyed.”
Norman said two tractors worth £14,000 and around eight hobby cars worth upwards of £25,000, were lost in the fire.
He said: “It’s quite a new business and we had been thinking about expanding because we were moving quite quickly. We set up a year past January. We were storing old cars for restoration and people that have a car just as a hobby.”
Norman also spoke of his upset after revealing a farm shop on the site, north of Dyce, is unlikely to open in the spring due to smoke damage.
He said: “It’s been smoke damaged and due to health and safety there will probably be restrictions.
“The fire investigation has been done. They are looking at everything but it could be an electrical fault due to the recent bad weather.”
Vehicles which were lost in the fire include two tractors, old Audi cars, a motorbike and a vintage Volkswagen Golf.
Around eight fire appliances were on the scene.
One part-time worker at the farm was taken to hospital to be treated for injuries to his hand.
Norman said: “He had slight burns on the back of his hand but he’s back home again. He went back in to remove his phone and other personal belongings and has blistering on his hand.”
The B997 was closed between Parkhill and Bridge of Don to allow firefighters to work at the scene.
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were alerted at 10.36am to reports of a fire at a farm in Dyce. One casualty was passed into the care of Scottish Ambulance Service personnel and was taken to hospital.”