Tests have been carried out at an Aberdeen loch after a dog became ill.
Concerns were raised by a Cove resident after their dog became ill following a visit to the nearby Loch of Loirston.
Within two to three hours of the pet returning home from the loch, his head started to sway from side to side and he became unsteady on his feet.
The owners contacted Aberdeen City Council and SEPA after taking their dog to the vet who suspected the pet could have become ill from algae poisoning.
Newly-elected councillor for the area Sarah Duncan took to social media to say she had been “very concerned about the environmental risk at the loch” and added she would carry out enquiries into the matter.
But SEPA has since confirmed it has taken water samples in the area and there was no algae which could cause such issues.
An Aberdeen City Council spokeswoman said: “We were made aware of a concern from a local resident in Cove last week in this regard and our environmental health teams have carried out preliminary investigations.
“We contacted Aberdeen and District Angling Association to make them aware of the concern.
“SEPA have since confirmed no algae which could cause such an issue was present in their samples.”
James Smith, SEPA unit manager for south Grampian, said: “We were approached last week by Aberdeen City Council’s environmental health department to find out whether we were aware of any issues with algae at Loirston Loch near Cove, following reports of a dog becoming ill.
“Our ecologists took samples which have been analysed, but no algae which could cause such an issue was present in the samples taken.”
Mr Smith added: “We have updated environmental health on our findings.”