Six North-east cafes have been shortlisted for an industry prize.
The Crema Awards, which are to be held on March 18 in Glasgow, are an independent scheme looking to find the country’s best cafes.
The shortlist was voted for by the public.
- Books and Beans in Aberdeen (Best Speciality Cafe and the Best Cafe)
- Upperkrust in Aberdeen (Best Savoury Food).
- Richmond Street Deli in Aberdeen (Best Deli).
- Bonobo in Aberdeen (Best Newcomer).
- Cat in the Window (Best Cafe Design).
- Nooks and Crannies in Fraserburgh (Best cafe category).
Each shortlisted premises will be visited by one of Crema’s independent judging panel, with the highest scoring eateries claiming the prize.
The venues have also been invited to put forward employees for the Best Barista award, which judges workers on their practical skills.
The event will be held at the Doubletree by Hilton at Glasgow Central.