A new traffic order has been issued to keep a busy city-centre street closed for at least a further two months.
Broad Street closed to traffic more than a year ago for work to take place on a £3.2 million partial pedestrianisation project.
Resurfacing works are being carried out on the road to create a “shared space” of land only open to buses and cyclists.
But it has emerged the road will remain closed until at least July 31 – after a new traffic order was issued to extend the closure beyond May 14.
SNP councillor Michael Hutchison said: “I don’t think people will even be surprised any more – this project has just been delay after delay.
“It’s been clear for a while now that the road is going to be closed beyond May 14.
“I’ve been asking for weeks if this is going to overrun again and I’ve only found out by way of a traffic order being published.
“These continued delays are unacceptable given the problems they’re causing for local residents and businesses.”
The extended closure follows on from an extended traffic order which was issued for resurfacing works being carried out on neighbouring Queen Street.
The road was also expected to open again in May but was later extended to July due to issues arising from ground conditions.
Councillor Ross Grant, city regeneration spokesman for Aberdeen Labour, said: “It’s no surprise that we have the SNP yet again looking for reasons to put development and investment in Aberdeen down.
“If Councillor Hutchison is not getting an answer from officials in a timely manner then he should escalate that to the director responsible, as would any councillor, instead of sitting on his hands complaining and looking for the next bad news story.”
Aberdeen City Council said last month that since September 2017 it has stated the works will be completed in late spring/early summer 2018. It is working with the contractor on a phased handover of Broad Street, to allow other zones to open as completed.