Motorists across the North-east have faced lengthy delays throughout the school holidays with a barrage of road works – and some are set to continue.
Across Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire, traffic orders have seen sections of roads closed and others subject to temporary traffic lights or waiting restrictions.
- A restriction on waiting will be in place until Sunday in Northfield. This will affect Granitehill Place, Moir Drive and Cummings Park Circle.
- Waiting restrictions are already in place in Mastrick on Croft Road between the junctions of Mastrick Drive and Croft Place and will last until November 11.
- The no waiting order will also extend from November 14 to December 2 from Croft Road and New Park Road as a bus stop will be getting installed.
- A weight limit on the Chapel of Stoneywood to Fairley Road between its junction with Hope Farm Road and FIS Chemicals near the A96 will remain in place until April 2017.
- In Peterculter, gas main installation works means Kennerty Road will be closed between its junctions with North Deeside Road and Millside Street until October 30.
- Repairs of the Rob Roy Bridge will force the A93 to close for two weekends starting from 9am this Saturday until 5am on Monday. It will then close at 7pm on Friday, October 28 until 5am Monday, October 31 – an alternative route is available via North Deeside Road, B979 Milltimber Brae, the B9077 South Deeside Road, and the A967 Slug Road.
- In Cults, Kirk Brae remains closed at the junctions between Kirk Place and Kirkbrae Avenue until 6.30am on Monday for utility works.
- Near Kingswells, the unclassified Borrowstone Road between Westholme and East Kingsford Cottage will be closed until Friday to allow work to be carried out for the AWPR – an alternative route will be available via the B979 Clinterty-Kirkton of Skene, Wogle Road, Westhill Drive, and the A944 Skene Road.
- In Aberdeenshire, work started overnight, last night, on a southbound section of the A90 at Portlethen – the resurfacing improvements began yesterday at 7.30pm and will take place over four nights finishing at 6.30am on Saturday.
- Overnight closures of the A90 north of Aberdeen for three days between Potterton and Blackdog – diversions will be in place via the B977 and the B999.
- Starting on Monday, roadworks begin across Aberdeenshire with surfacing prep works forcing the Pitmedden Crossroads to Learney House access road at Torphins to be closed two weeks until November 6 – a diversion is in place via the B993 to Torphins, the A980 Lumphanan, B9119 Mill Maud, B993 West Bandodle.
- Also on Monday, the B993 will be closed from its junction at Millbank by Tillyfourie to Mains of Shiels for carriageway repairs until November 4 with diversions via the A944 to Dunecht, B977 to Echt and the B9119.
- Verge repair works at Drumdelgie, north of Huntly, will completely close the unclassified road between the A920 and the A96 from Monday until October 28.