An Aberdeen man whose body lay undiscovered for two days in a city market died of head and neck injuries.
Frank Finnie, 80, left the sheltered housing complex where he lives in Sheddocksley last Thursday afternoon and travelled by bus into the city centre.
He walked into Aberdeen Indoor Market, passed through a fire door and then suffered the fatal injuries.
His body was not found until Saturday, when police who had studied CCTV footage tracked down Mr Finnie to the market.
His son Keith has now been given his father’s death certificate, which cites the cause of death as “head and neck injuries”.
Mr Finnie’s funeral is to take place on June 22.
Police said their inquiries into Mr Finnie’s death continue.
Officers were joined at the market by health and safety staff from Aberdeen City Council on Monday.
A file will be prepared for the procurator fiscal, which will decide if any action should be taken.
Keith, 44, of Kingswells said: “The police have told me there will be no criminal charges and I am to get an update from police face-to-face today.” He added: “What we need to establish is whether the door my father passed through was alarmed.
“If it was, did the alarm sound and why did nobody check either when the alarm sounded or as routine at the end of the working day?
“If the alarms aren’t fitted or didn’t go off, then who was responsible? All this needs to be addressed.”
The market is owned by the property investment management firm, Rockspring.
The company has said it will be running a full inquiry into how Mr Finnie died.
Rockspring lets the market to Groupe Geraud, which operates 27 markets across the UK.
A spokeswoman for Groupe Geraud said: “We are very saddened and shocked by the recent tragic incident at Aberdeen Market.
“Investigations are under way to understand what has taken place.
“Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with Mr Finnie’s family at this very difficult time.”
A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “Inquiries are still ongoing.”