A dad has told how his family “lost everything” after a fire ripped through their north-east home.
Around 18 firefighters battled the blaze on Friday in which the family’s pet dog died.
Alan Senic said he had been grateful for all the kind messages they had received after the blaze at their home on Crimond’s Logie Drive.
Locals have set up a fundraiser for the family – gathering almost £2,000 since its creation.
The house was home to Alan’s partner Deborah Park and three children, Chelsea Park,21, Shannon,15, and nine-year-old Kendra Senic.
The fire claimed the life of Bailey, the family’s one-year-old border collie, despite the best efforts of firefighters to save her life.
Alan, a joiner, had been working in Fraserburgh when he was told about the fire.
The 42-year-old said: “My partner Deborah was actually at her sister’s nearby. Everyone was out at the time.
“When she arrived, the fire brigade were busy working on the fire inside.
“There has been a lot damage and quite a lot of it is also smoke damage.We think that pretty much everything has gone and been destroyed.
“If we are able to recover anything, we’ll be lucky. I don’t think we will, though. We’ve lost everything.”
Keep up to date with the latest news with The Evening Express newsletter
A gofundme fundraising page for the family set up by people living in Crimond has so far raised almost £2,000, way past its original £500 target.
The family is staying in a hotel in Peterhead and Alan added they have had many messages of support.
“We have just been overwhelmed and are grateful of the support everyone has shown to us,” he said. “We have had so many phone calls and messages of support since the incident.
“A lot of people have offered us help by offering to help us clear up everything. We have even had offers of clothes and anything we need.”
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “We received a call for a fire in a property which had started on the ground floor. Firefighters attempted to save the dog.”