A new firm will take over the running of a controversial North-east school bus route after a local authority pulled the plug on the previous operator.
Councillors have welcomed a pledge that a single-decker 70-seat coach will be used to ferry youngsters from Auchenblae to Mearns Academy from the start of the new term.
This follows complaints that a double decker had been used on a route which witnessed a serious school coach crash in 2010.
The use of a double decker sparked worries of a repeat of the incident almost eight years ago which led to 19 children being injured after a school bus toppled in stormy conditions, pictured.
An Aberdeenshire Council spokesman said the contract with the previous operator was terminated following a vehicle failing safety checks carried out by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
The authority has confirmed that from Monday, April 16, the route will be operated by Angus firm Wishart of Friockheim.
Mearns SNP councillor Leigh Wilson welcomed the news.
He said: “It is a victory for pupils’ safety.”