A MUM today told of her terror at being forced to flee her home on the 12th floor of an Aberdeen tower block with her four young children after a fire broke out.
Claire Milne, 29, had to drag her kids – including 13-week-old baby Lacey – out of bed to escape the fire.
The fire broke out in a communal area on the ground floor of the multi-storey at Grampian Court in Torry.
Mum-of-four Claire said she feared her family would be trapped in their 12th-floor flat.
And if it was not for her neighbours, she believes they could have been stuck.
She said: “When my front door first opened you could hardly see who was on the landing because of the smoke.
“I was just focused on getting the kids out.”
Claire, full-time mum to Leia, 9, Lennon, 5, Cooper, 3 and Lacey, only brought her baby home three months ago, after she had to spend a week in intensive care at Yorkhill Hospital in Glasgow for a heart condition.
Claire said Monday night’s ordeal, which saw Lacey taken to hospital by ambulance, could have been a lot worse given her daughter’s condition.
Claire’s partner Liam Duguid was out when the blaze started.
Claire said: “I was straight on the phone to him and he came running over but he couldn’t get into the building – the emergency services wouldn’t let him in.”
As well as Lacey, two men and a woman were taken to hospital.
The incident is being treated as “wilful fireraising”.