A memorial dedicated to the eight people who lost their lives in the 1940 bombing of Duff House will be unveiled this weekend.
It has been 78 years since four bombs were dropped on Duff House in Banff, which was used as a prisoner of war camp.
Two bombs hit the east wing of the house – resulting in six German prisoners and two British guards being killed, and many more injured.
It marked the end of Duff House being used as a prisoner of war camp. The damage was limited to the east wing, which was later demolished.
To commemorate the dead and injured, Friends of Duff House will be unveiling a memorial on Sunday, alongside a day of activities to be held at the estate.
There will be a pianist, a special exhibition about the bombing and an illustrated talk, which will be held at 3.30pm for members of the public.
There will also be a 76-page book, entitled Out Of The Blue, available to purchase, which details the research to date on the site.
Chairman of Friends of Duff House Ian Williams said: “Friends of Duff House – specifically Jim Mackay – have been researching the story around the POW camp and bombing and have identified the names of the dead and injured and various other facts, yet there are still plenty of questions to look at.
“On July 22 there will be a service to dedicate a memorial being erected to the eight people who died and all those who were injured at the house as a result of the bombing in 1940.
“The service – to be held outside – is free for everyone to attend and starts at 2.30pm.
“Taking part are the Banff Pipe Band, Royal British Legion, Army Cadets, Royal Navy, German Consul General, Lord Lieutenancy and many others.”