A man has been taken to hospital after a gas leak at an Aberdeen waste services plant.
Police and ambulance crews were seen at Augean North Sea Services in Greenbank Crescent in the East Tullos Industrial Estate sat around 10am today.
The man is believed to have inhaled gas following a leak at the site. His condition is not known.
A Scottish Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “We received a call at 9.51am today to attend an incident at Greenbank Crescent in the East Tullos Industrial Estate in Aberdeen.
“Our Special Operations Response Team was dispatched to scene and one male patient in his 50s was taken to the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary for further treatment.
“The man’s condition is unknown but he was being treated for suspected gas inhalation.”
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has confirmed it has launched an investigation.
Keep up to date with the latest news with The Evening Express newsletter
A spokeswoman said: “HSE is aware of the incident and making initial inquiries. We cannot comment further at this time.”
A spokeswoman for the firm said: “Augean North Sea Services is concerned regarding an employee who fell ill at our East Tullos Industrial Estate facility this morning.
“Of primary importance is that our employee, who has been taken to hospital for observation, makes a good and speedy recovery.
“We are gathering information about what has happened at the site so that we can be completely confident that nothing on the site will have the potential to affect the health of any other member of staff. The health and well-being of our employees is one of the key principles of our business.
“We would like to thank our staff members who gave immediate assistance as well as the emergency services who attended.”