Around 15 firefighters were called to a blaze in a block of flats in an Aberdeenshire village today.
The blaze happened on Old Mart Road, Aboyne shortly before 5.30am.
The fire started in the hall of the flat block.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said four people were evacuated in the incident.
She added: “Four people were initially trapped.
“We got the stop message back at 6.07am.”
Three appliances were called to the incident
A Police Scotland spokesman said they were called to assist.