Emergency services were called to a major building fire in a north-east town.
The incident occurred last night at about 6.40pm on South Street in Aberchirder.
Fire services were called to the scene and the blaze was extinguished at about 10.30pm.
Asbestos was found in the building during the fire.
No one was injured in the blaze.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “We received the call about a fire in the roof space of a building on South Street in Aberchirder at 6.44pm last night.
“We sent six appliances to the scene.
“Asbestos was found in the building.
“We used eight breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, one main jet and one thermal image camera.
“The fire was extinguished at 10.31pm and we left the scene shortly afterwards.”
Police were also on the scene where they closed off part of South Street and Main Street to allow fire fighters to work.
A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “Fire requested police attend a fire in Aberchirder on South Street.
“The building was well alight.
“We assisted by closing part of Main Street and South Street for the public’s safety and to allow the fire team to work.
“We stood down at 10.30pm when fire services handed the building back to the owner.
“Police are not treating the fire as suspicious and we will not be opening an investigation.”