Around 50 firefighters tackled a blaze in Aberdeen city centre today for more than five hours.
Police and fire services were alerted to the blaze at Amarone at 10.30am.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said nine pump appliances had been sent to the scene along with a number of support units, a total of around 50 firefighters.
She said: “The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 10.32am on Saturday, November 10 to reports of a building fire in Aberdeen.
“Operations Control mobilised a number of fire engines to the city’s Union Street, where crews were met by a well developed fire.
“Firefighters extinguished the fire and currently remain on the scene working to make the area safe.
“Two casualties have been given a precautionary checkup at the scene by Scottish Ambulance Service staff.”
The fire was extinguished just after 4pm.
Keep up to date with the latest news with The Evening Express newsletter
A police spokesman said Langstane Place had been closed as well as part of Union Street and neighbouring premises had been evacuated.
Union Street itself was also closed in both directions between Crown Street and Bon-Accord Street
He added: “It would appear to be a tumble dryer in the basement that’s caught fire.”
Video courtesy of GFP Scotland