An Aberdeen gym was evacuated today due to a chemical scare.
Four Scottish Fire and Rescue appliance and two specialist vehicles attendance at David Lloyd gym on Garthdee Road. They were called at 3.25pm.
A David Lloyd spokeswoman said: “At David Lloyd Aberdeen safety is our number-one priority.
“During a routine inspection, there was found to be an issue with one of the valves in the plant room.
“As a precautionary measure we decided to evacuate the club and call the fire brigade.
“They have now left, but the club will remain closed until specialist engineers have resolved the issue.
“At no point have any chemicals or gases leaked and the club has been temporarily closed purely as a precaution.
“We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this. We are doing all that we can to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and thank our members for their patience.”
A spokesman for the fire service said: “There was no leak found. An evacuation was carried out and precautionary checks of the swimming pool were done using gas monitors.
“There was nothing else untoward.”