A discarded cigarette could have started a fire that damaged an Aberdeen bus stop, the fire service has said.
Firefighters were called to a bus stop on Auchmill Road at just after 8.45am on Saturday.
One appliance based at North Anderson Drive Fire Station attended the scene and put out the fire.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said a report could be passed to police if the incident turns out to have been suspicious.
He added: “It looks like it could have been started by a discarded cigarette in a bin next to the bus stop and that the fire has then spread to the frame itself.
“We were called at 8.48am and used a hose reel.”
One person who saw the aftermath of the fire, who asked not to be named, said: “It seems like such a random thing to happen so early on a Saturday morning.”