‘Devastated’ family issues plea for witnesses after Aberdeen man found in street with horrific head injuries

Greg Houghton was found with serious injuries outside the Bread Maker on Rosemount Viaduct.

A man has been brought out of an induced coma after being seriously injured on a Christmas night out.

Police have appealed for information after Greg Houghton, 25, was found with face and head injuries in Aberdeen’s Rosemount Viaduct area.

Officers were called to the Bread Maker shop at around 8.30am on Saturday and found Mr Houghton.

He was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary with multiple fractures to his skull and bruising on the brain and was put in to an induced coma.

On Christmas Eve, his family said they were “devastated” by what had happened and urged witnesses to come forward.

The post said: “We are so relieved to say that Greg is now out of the induced coma. He is still very dazed and confused and obviously very weak. It’s going to be a slow healing process to get him back to his cheeky self.

“After so much uncertainty yesterday the relief to actually write this is unimaginable.

“We still don’t know what happened to Greg so please if you think you may know anything at all get in touch.”

Police want to trace motorists Mr Houghton spoke to on Rosemount Viaduct, near the junction with Skene Street, just before attending the shop.

Police are unclear how Greg came to be injured, so are looking to piece together his final movements.

Greg is described as being about 5ft 10in, of average build, with a full beard and his hair is shaved short at the sides and longer on top. He was wearing a red checked shirt and blue jeans.

Police want to speak to anyone who was in his company after 3am on Saturday to come forward.

An investigation into the incident revealed that Greg had approached motorists on Rosemount Viaduct, near the junction with Skene Street, just prior to being found at the bakery around 8.30am and officers would like to speak to these people.

A police spokesman said: “It is unclear how Greg came by his injuries and police would like to speak with anyone who was in his company after 3am on Saturday, December 23, or to anyone who saw a male matching his description walking in the Skene Terrace/Rosemount Viaduct area between 3am and 8.30am that morning.”