Plans to build more than 500 homes at the site of Donald Trump’s north-east golf course won’t be considered until later this year.
The proposals by Trump International Golf Links were due to be decided this month at a meeting of the full Aberdeenshire Council. However, the local authority says due to additional information being submitted by the company the decision has been delayed.
The development included plans for community facilities, shops, offices and restaurants.
Around 500 residential homes and 50 leisure and resort units would be built if plans are approved. Council planning officials are due to undertake further consultation on the additional information.
Stephen Archer, director of infrastructure services, said: “This is being dealt with as a major application and as such it is essential that elected members have as much information as possible to allow them to make a considered decision. With this additional detail being presented to us by the applicant it is only right that it is given equal consideration to the information we have been working with to date.”
Planning officers have recommended the development be approved by delegated grant.
Keep up to date with the latest news with The Evening Express newsletter
Members of Formartine area committee met last month giving a mixed response. Councillors raised a number of questions and concerns relating to access roads and transport planning policy, the protection of trees and access to local services.
A spokeswoman for Trump International said: “The statutory consultees requested further information which has been provided and we look forward to the determination hearing, which we believe will take place on June 27.”