Emergency crews have been called to a chemical spill at Westhill Academy.
Three fire appliances with 16 firefighters and an incident support unit were sent to the school just after 5pm.
Concentrate nitric acid was spilt in a science lab.
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said two gas-tight suits were in use as firefighters cleaned up the chemical.
He confirmed no one had been injured.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said: “It’s a small chemical spill in their lab.”
A spokesman for Aberdeenshire Council said: “There has been a small spillage of concentrate nitric acid in the science lab at Westhill Academy.
“No pupils were in the academy at the time. The fire service were called and are currently dealing with it.”