Watch: Aberdeen residents stuck in flats as block goes up in smoke

Aberdeen residents were forced to stay in their homes while their block was going up in smoke.

More than 20 firefighters battled a blaze at a flat on Aberdeen’s Albyn Grove today.

The incident happened just after 10am.


Police closed the road between Stanley Street and Union Grove while firefighters tackle the blaze.

It’s understood the fire happened in the kitchen of the ground floor property.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “The residents were at their windows with the windows open.

“They were safer in their homes rather than going out into the smoke-filled close.”