When the Gammies were house searching for a family home, they had just one thing on their minds – space and lots of it.
So when the perfect plot of land came on the market just outside Laurencekirk, Les and Lorraine jumped at the chance to build their perfect home.
The five-bedroom, four-reception room Mill House was the result, set in five acres of private grounds.
It has been the ideal spot to raise their three children, Connor, now 22, Kieran, 18 and Ryan, 17.
The surrounding fields have been occupied by chickens and three Highland Ponies, with family dog Blue keeping watch.
“Les was really up for the challenge of building a house,” said Lorraine, 51. “I wanted the outdoor space for the horses and we needed plenty of indoor space for our three young boys to have their own rooms. Having a really useable living area was also important to us.
“The open-plan kitchen and family room was designed so I could keep an eye on the boys when they were playing.”
It’s easy to see why this room is the heart of the home, with the kitchen offering ample worktop and unit space and a sizeable dining area.
The open-plan centres around a multi-fuel burning stove, with double glass doors opening to an additional sun lounge.
As well as being perfect for daily Lorraine, who is an admin support worker, and 52-year-old Les, a depot manager, have found Mill House to be a great party pad.
“It’s a great house for entertaining,” said Lorraine.
Mill House, Wakefield, Laurencekirk
- Description: Five-bedroom country home with a fully enclosed garden and five acres of private land
- Lounge: Spacious and bright with a multi-fuel stove set within an ornate antique fireplace
- Kitchen Diner: The heart of the home complete with modern appliances and a large family space
- Sun Lounge: Fabulous space to relax with great views
- Master bedroom: Complete with his & hers’ twin vanity wash hand basins, a separate en suite shower room and a large walk-in wardrobe
- Bedrooms 2/3/4/5: All of a good size
- Family Bathroom: Fitted to a high standard with a white three-piece suite
- Outside: Double garage. Fully enclosed rear garden. Five acres of ground including two enclosed paddocks and a stone stable block, a substantial tool shed and store with a large games area, a variety of outbuildings and a selection of fruit trees
- Contact: Aberdein Considine on 01569 766166