Dons boss Derek McInnes today confirmed he has made offers to sign players and hopes to add new additions before Saturday’s Premiership trip to Dundee.
McInnes is in the market for a striker and a defender.
The Pittodrie gaffer revealed he is waiting on a response from a number of teams he has approached for possible signings.
He said: “For us to be where we want to be and meet demands, we need more players in.
“We will look to address that this week as we have been doing.
“The focus now goes on to the defensive side as well as the top end of the pitch.
“We have a few offers in for players and a few inquiries and are waiting on some word back and responses from that.
“Like a lot of these things that is dependent on the selling club and what they do in the transfer market as well.”’
The English transfer market closes on Thursday, earlier than the Scottish window which slams shut at the end of this month.
McInnes said: “I expect England to be a bit livelier this week with the transfer window shutting on Thursday down there.
“We might be able to be a bit more successful than we have been.”
Dons boss McInnes has signed six players during the summer transfer window so far.
Four of those have been permanent – Lewis Ferguson, Stephen Gleeson, Chris Forrester and Tomas Cerny.
Two additions have been season-long loan-signings with Dominic Ball returning from Rotherham.
Ball was on loan at Pittodrie last season.
Watford defender Tommie Hoban was secured on a season-long loan before the UEFA “wildcard” deadline to register players for the Europa League tie with Burnley.
Hoban was thrown straight into the starting line up against the Premier League club for the 1-1 first leg draw.
He retained that starting slot for the return at Turf Moor (3-1 extra time loss).
However, he was ruled out of the 1-1 draw with Rangers due to injury.
McInnes will now move to sign another defender as Hoban is one of four from his rearguard ruled out for the trip to Dundee.
Scotland international centre-back Scott McKenna is out having sustained a hamstring tear against Rangers.
He has been scanned and the Dons face a sweat over the results as he could be out for three weeks or up to two months.
Centre back Mark Reynolds is out for the rest of the year having undergone knee surgery and right-back Shaleum Logan is suspended.
McInnes said: “We have not had our problems to seek. After travelling and the game on Thursday you are in danger of picking up these types of injuries suffered by Scott McKenna.
“There are six defenders in the building and four of them are out injured or suspended.
“Against Rangers we had Dom Ball filling in at right back and he did admirably well.
“However, it (the defensive injuries) is a real concern and we need to address that and maybe try to get a couple of bodies in.”