Shoppers evacuated in fire alert at Aberdeen store
Fire services called to Waterstones
A BUSY Aberdeen store was evacuated when shoppers spotted smoke rising from the building.
Fire services were called to Waterstones on the corner of Union Street and Bon Accord Street in Aberdeen when a faulty boiler overheated and started smoking.
Union Street was partially closed for 15 minutes to allow emergency access to the building.
Three fire engines and two police cars attended the incident after a call from a member of the public at 12.39pm.
Emergency services left the scene by 1.10pm and Union Street had fully reopened five minutes later.