Driver escapes blazing car
A MAN had a lucky escape when his car erupted in flames today.
It was thought an electrical fault sparked the blaze, which reduced the silver Volkswagen Golf to a burned-out wreck.
Emergency services were called to the fire, which happened on Dyce Drive, around 8.10am today.
Grampian Fire and Rescue Service sent two appliances from its North Anderson Drive station to the scene.
The driver was believed to have escaped before the blaze broke out, according to a fire spokesman.
Flames ripped through the vehicle, destroying the interior and wrecking the engine.
Firefighters used breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to douse the flames.
Traffic heading to the airport was delayed as firefighters battled the blaze. The front seats were reduced to metal shells, while the steering wheel and dashboard melted.
A Grampian Police spokeswoman confirmed it was thought the fire was due to an electrical fault.
“There was nothing suspicious,” she said. “No one was injured.”